All adoption services are regulated by the Adoption Authority of Ireland. As part of that regulation, the social work team reviews and monitors social work practice at all stages of the lifelong adoption process, including:
- crisis pregnancy through to decisions about adoption;
- assessment of prospective adoptive parents;
- matching children with suitable prospective adoptive parents;
- talking with children about adoption;
- providing post adoption support;
- mediation and counselling in search and reunion.
The Adoption Authority Social Work Team provides mediation and counselling to people who have been involved in some third party and family adoptions. The team also offers information, advice and support about adoption related issues. Queries are welcome from members of the public as well as professionals.
Contact the Social Work Team
By Phone : Social Work Duty Phone Line 01 2309 306 from outside Ireland phone 00 353 1 2309 306 10.00am to 4.30pm
By email : SW@aai.gov.ie
By Post: Social Work Team
Adoption Authority of Ireland
3rd Floor, Shelbourne House